Solar power enables companies to become less dependent on ever-increasing utility prices. Solar can power any three phase load in farms, factories and the like, including irrigation pumps, cold stores, bottle molding machines, etc. In these cases the solar offsets grid electricity, realising direct savings on the utility bill. Solar power can feed in directly into the company grid.
The optional energy management system ensures:
- stability of the electrical company grid;
- prevention of feeding back solar power into the national grid;
- optimal integration of backup generators into company grid;
- online and real-time insight into solar energy production.
With the current turn-key installation prices and KPLC unit price, an industrial-scale solar system may prove to have a simple payback of 3 to 4 years. With the guaranteed warranty on solar modules of 30 years (!) this means >25 years of free energy!
- cash sales (lowest cost = highest savings)
- payment on installments = let your savings on your KPLC bill pay for your installments. Enjoy investment benefit 100% in the first year!
- Power Purchase Agreement = no-risk and no-investment option and savings from day one
The following companies benefit from up to 30% savings on their electricity bill:
185 kWp solar system saving 30% on electricity cost for a rose farm in Naivasha
60 kWp solar system for farm, foodprocessing, Timau
48 kWp solar system for farm, Juja
23 kWp solar system for office complex, Nairobi
83 kWp solar system for office complex, Wilson Airport, Nairobi
40 kWp solar system for rose farm, Naivasha